And what’s a new year without a resolution? So, I am resolving to get back to writing, just like a million other people. I miss it. I used to write a lot more than I do now. I’ve written manuals, help screens, tutorials, essay-style emails, blog posts,animal care guides, game instructions, real-time role-played stories, and countless other things… until recently. Something about three kids just sucks up way more time than you might think.
Anyway, I had a previous “Home is Possible” blog that I ran out of time for, but what the heck, let’s try again. Maybe this one won’t sink into the swamp.
The original Home Is Possible began just after I quit my full time job, pulled the kids out of daycare and decided to homeschool them. I was completely stressed out and decided that being home — not at work, not at school — was possible. It wasn’t something I ever expected to do growing up. I thought I’d be a judge or a scientist or something. But I wasn’t. And kids change everything.
Anyway, I was gardening, baking bread, and doing it all… at home. So that’s what this one will be about, too. Hopefully I’ll know what I’m talking about, even.
I expect to post about:
- cooking — now with gluten-free baking, too!
- gardening — I’m starting my new garden soon, easily the largest I’ve ever had, since we now have a yard!
- homeschooling — I’m just about to put together our first portfolio (here in MD, they do two portfolio reviews per year. Bleh. Oh well, it’s nice to make a list of everything you’ve accomplished. Makes you feel like something actually got done!) and it sure would be nice to have some blog posts to look back on to put it together. Also, the kids are welcome to post things here, too.
- crafting — I like crochet, knitting, and sewing. When I have time.
- building — hopefully we’ll have our wood shop together soon! (We moved 3000 miles this summer, and with the baby and kids and stuff unpacking is taking forever!)
- geeky things — we’re all geeks. So video games, interesting programs, gadgets, space, chemistry….
- anything else that strikes my fancy. But probably mostly about not-school and not-work.